Friday, February 14, 2014

adoption nonupdate

Three months after my application has gone in to adopt a newborn with special needs and I remain in the VERY beginning stages of the paperwork.  It is not my fault, it might not even be the worker who currently holds the power of it but more on the shorthandedness and maybe even shortsightedness of the bureaucracy of government adoption.  I was told that all things going well the required documents will hopefully be on their way to their appropriate recipient on Tuesday (long weekend here).  At that point I will then be put in the que for the actual home assessment.

If only one of the private agencies had a baby to place as they could do so with the birth parents choosing us with the paperwork to follow or even a direct placement by birth family.  It would take a miracle...

At this rate the baby and I will be in diapers at the same time....

No comments: