Monday, February 4, 2013

Doctor Doctor Don't Give Me the News...


My Dearest Doctor. I love you. You have been my GP now for well over twenty years. You are kind, gentle, witty and beyond intellectually gifted. It doesn't hurt at all that you are very easy on the eyes. If pushed I might admit to having had a fantasy or many about you.....
Right.... I need to tell you however that when I come to you with painful swollen glands that don't go away DO NOT tell me that even though you think it is this one easily treated thing that we should still run blood work to ensure there is no lymphoma or Hodgekins Disease! I get that you want to be thorough however just tell me that we should run a CBC as one hasn't been done since 2009. My mental health which I hang onto daily by a thread cannot handle any more information than that. Don't make me break up with you!

No comments: