Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Remember?


Remember last year?  Look at the child!  All full of excitement about the first day of grade one, not knowing what was going to go on but just feeling it was going to be great.

Remember when I dropped by the school in my distress of the child having her first day of grade one?

Remember how quickly the staff gathered a mini parent teacher conference on the first day of grade one? ( I think it took them all of two minutes to gather four different professionals all of whom looked like they had been ridden hard and put away wet).

Remember how the child loved to type braille but hated....no H.A.T.E.D to read braille?

Well we are seven, count them seven days away from the first day of grade two.  The child's heart and soul have not softened in the least to reading braille.  I will be just as distressed about sending my little dolly across the city to her school but maybe this year I will hide under the covers or at the very least have someone hide the bus keys on me so I don't feel compelled to drive to the school.  Maybe I should unplug the phone too...

OY!

It's going to be a great year!  It's going to be a great year! It's going to be a great year!

Right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, beautiful little girl. Found your blog at no greater joy mom..





erika

Leah said...

Love your blog! Keep doing what you're doing, mama. :)