Friday, August 1, 2014

the wait continues

It might not come as a shock to any of you but I have not yet been successful in adopting a new baby.  Yet.  Hope continues to spring eternal and as much of a long shot as it might seem it ain't over till it's over and the fat lady sings.  I'm not singing.  Yet.

Since November there were a few glimmers of hope that our wait would be over and the baby of my dreams would be coming home.  There has been a dry spell of those too.

I am doing what I can to increase the awareness that we are ready and willing and able.  I don't think there is a single person I have talked to that doesn't know my desire to adopt a baby.  I keep in contact with the few private agencies we have here.  I have tried calling other provinces but the way our country completes adoptions it would definitely be an even longer shot unless of course the family themselves became aware of me and then a direct placement could be made then making sure all the rules and regulations of each province were met.  This is why I shamelessly talk about it.  Word of mouth might just be what tips the scales for me.  So pssst spread the word especially if you're local....but even if you're not.

I know, I KNOW there is one more baby out there for us.

What I don't know is whether both baby and I will be in diapers by the time they get here.....

No comments: