Monday, September 16, 2013

Fun times

I will miss these days, these days of summer.  I all ready miss the kids being much smaller but relish these days that they continue to think that I am the cat's meow.

This day we made use of the special grounds made at the Children's Hospital where there is a mini soccer field, track,  golf and basketball court.  The three of us played soccer and ran races.  I might just add that younger mothers have nothing on me.  I was a wicked goalie (not really), could pull off a good kick and was able to run races with suffering neither a cracked hip nor cardiac event.  Take that!

I enjoy these times where I have unlimited access to teaching the lessons that I feel are important.  With school being full days with added travel time on top it can feel like we never see each other.  In the end it means a more concentrated effort must be made to ensure that time is taken to be together.

Don't get me wrong.  Make no mistake about it.  There were times this summer where I thought we had a bit too much togetherness and questioned who in the world had the stupid idea to give two months off school anyways.  Luckily those times were few and far between.

School is back in session now and due to health issues for one and behavioural for another there continues to be plenty of time for me to impart my philosophies on life and anything else I can think of during the day.  This sort of was not what I had planned....

Helping her brother roll the ball


SCORE!


Lining the brother up to make the shot

SCORE

Who plays soccer in bare feet?

Luckily they were soft balls


No comments: