Thursday, November 8, 2012

My name is Tricia and I am a.....

Some folks might accuse me of having a shopping addiction.  I prefer to think of it as year round Christmas shopping....with most of it never going under the tree....except the stuff bought in the months between September and December.  Who's it hurting?  The children still have food on their plates, tuitions paid and of course enough toys, shoes and clothes to outfit another entire family.  So really....where's the problem?  

Today folks, there was a problem.  Today at the mall my shopping ad...umm...Christmas shopping put both my youngest son's and mine lives in jeopardy.  We could have been killed!  There we were enclosed safely in the elevator that we have ridden in thousands...ummm...the few times we have visited this particular mall when as we neared our destined floor the elevator shrieked, groaned, stalled and landed.  It then opened the doors like nothing had happened.  I had been scratching just under my glasses when the near death experience happened and as we were jolted they were thrown to the floor.  I looked through the glass walls to see if anyone in the mall had noticed the narily averted catastrophe and in true apathetic fashion no one, not one single person took note!
Well I took note people!  It was as they say a wake up call.  I realized at that moment that no purchase no matter how good a deal or how cute one of the darlings would look in that something I had my eye on was worth my son's life or leaving the others motherless.  I knew that things had to change.  I had to change.  It begins here and now....

Hi.  My name is Tricia and I am a shopaholic....
(well I think that's what I will say when I make the change after Christmas....or at least after the Christmas sales....course then the spring clothes will be out and then there is Easter and then....)

K so as I re look at things it's not like we really would have been killed or even badly injured.  I mean how hurt can you get when the elevator falls two stories and maybe into a basement?  Sure its made of glass and all but I'm sure they factor the possibility of it plummeting into its manufacturing.  To be safe next time we can take the escalator.  I'm sure it's safe to take a wheelchair on one of those.  They probably factor that into its manufacturing....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA