Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chronic

It is possible that I might just lose my mind!  The stress of raising a child with a chronic health condition can be way way over the top.  There comes a time where you just don't know what to do anymore or where to turn.  There comes a time when you think what is required is a great big tranquilizer gun whether it be to aim at the target of your stress or yourself.  Both would offer relief.

What do you do when the child seems to be in genuine agony yet all test results come back normal?  What do you do when the child is screaming for someone to help her?  Sometimes I don't think I am man enough for the job.  If not me though who will help her navigate a world of professionals?  Who better than someone who believes the sun rises and sets on her head to help her carry her torch when it gets too heavy?

I'll tell you this though....give a history of chronic pain and a variety of unexplainable ailments, throw in teenage angst and attitude and a regression to preschool whining and tantrums and I'll show you a party.
(can you feel the sarcasm dripping from each letter just typed?)

No comments: